Roundup® For Lawns6 Ready-To-Spray (Southern)
Ready-to-Spray, 32 OZ
- Kills weeds, not the lawn (when used as directed)
- Kills 93 types of weeds, including dollarweed, dandelion, clover, and yellow nutsedge (see inside booklet for weed list)
- For use on Southern grasses, including St. Augustine (including Floratam), Bermudagrass, Centipedegrass, and Bahiagrass
- Starts working immediately, and is rainproof in 4 hours
- Ready-to-spray applicator covers up to 6,000 sq. ft.
Specs and Details
- Penoxsulam 0.14%
- Dicamba, dimethylamine salt 0.41%
- 2, 4-D dimethylamine salt 1.46%
- Do not apply with nozzles that produce a fine-droplet spray. Do not apply when the wind is blowing towards desirable plants.
- Do not spray exposed roots of ornamentals and trees.
- Do not broadcast apply to bare ground or paved surfaces.
- Do not use clippings from the treated areas as mulch or compost around flowers, ornamentals, trees, or in vegetable gardens.
- Do not use on or around vegetables, fruits or ornamentals (flowers, trees, groundcovers, hedges, landscape/flower beds and shrubs).
Measuring utensils such as measuring cups or measuring spoons should not be used for any food or drinking water purposes after use with this product.
Do not apply to any body of water such as lakes, streams, rivers, ponds, reservoirs, or estuaries (saltwater bays).
Do not apply to any shorelines (non-cropland sites adjacent to the edges of a body of water) for lakes, streams, rivers, ponds, reservoirs, or estuaries (salt water bays).
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.
- Store in original container in a locked storage area.
- Keep from freezing.
- Nonrefillable container.
Do not reuse or refill this container
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
- Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Roundup For Lawns6 is a tough weed killer for use on Southern grasses that kills weeds, not the lawn (when used as directed). This product kills 93 types of weeds, including dollarweed, dandelion, clover, and yellow nutsedge (see inside booklet for weed list). It can be used on Southern grasses, including Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, Centipede, and St. Augustine (including Floratam). The ready-to-spray applicator covers up to 6,000 square feet! Simply connect the sprayer to your hose and turn on the water. This product starts working immediately and is rainproof in 4 hours. Roundup For Lawn6 kills the root so weeds won’t come back. The best time for broadleaf weed applications is when weeds are young, actively growing, and soil moisture is adequate. Weeds typically twist, curl, or yellow within a few days of application,while weed death can occur within 14 to 28 days. Roundup For Lawns6 is a simple step for home lawn care. No weeds. No worry.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
Ready-To-Spray Hose-End Sprayer
- Measure the entire area to be sprayed. For rectangular areas, multiply the length by width to obtain the total square feet of your lawn.
- Spray evenly over the entire measured area.
- Connect: Shake well before using. Connect sprayer to the hose. Turn on the water. Extend the hose to farthest area of the measured area to be treated.
- Spray: To begin spraying, point the nozzle in the direction you want to spray. Slide the thumb activation switch forward to the ON position. Spray evenly over the measured area.
- Finish: To STOP spraying, slide thumb activation switch backward to the OFF position. Turn of the water. Relieve the water pressure by sliding thumb switch to WATER ONLY position until water slows to a drip. Slide switch back to the OFF position.
- Disconnect sprayer from the hose.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not use on Bentgrass, Carpetgrass, Dichondra, and lawns with desirable clovers or other desirable legumes, or on ornamentals (flowers, trees, groundcovers, landscape beds, and shrubs).
- Do not apply to Ryegrass or turfgrass blends containing Ryegrass.
- Avoid applying in the fall or winter unless turf stunting can be tolerated.
Where to Use
- Roundup® For Lawns6 Ready-To-Spray may be used on established lawns, vacant lots, playgrounds,
- and other similar areas where broadleaf weeds are present. It will control weeds in St. Augustinegrass
- (including Floratam), Bermudagrass, Buffalograss, Centipedegrass, Seashore Paspalum, Bahiagrass,
- Zoysiagrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Tall Fescue, and Red or Fine Leaf Fescues.
When to Apply
- The best time for broadleaf weed applications is when weeds are young, actively growing, and soil moisture is adequate.
- Applications made when ambient temperatures are above 90°F (85°F for St. Augustinegrass) may cause undesirable turf injury.
- Do not apply at these temperatures unless temporary turf injury can be tolerated.
To avoid turf injury, use this product only on turfgrass that is reasonably free of stress from diseases, insects, excess heat or cold, drought or excess rainfall/irrigation, shaded areas, low soil pH, nematodes, improper mowing or improper applications of fertilizer and pesticides.
Do not apply this product to St. Augustinegrass (all varieties) below 50°F.
Do not apply to St.Augustinegrass (all varieties) when temperatures are above 85°F unless temporary injury can be tolerated.
- Do not make applications of this product to St. Augustinegrass when turf is going into dormancy in the fall, or if temperatures are expected to drop below 40°F within 10 days of application.
How Often to Apply
- Normally a single application is sufficient to control broadleaf weeds in these conditions.
- Two applications may be necessary for hard-to-control weeds, dense infestations of perennial weeds, for adverse/extreme environmental conditions, or for hardened-off and mature weeds.
- Do not apply more than 2 broadcast treatments per season.
- A minimum of 30 days is required between applications.
Read the entire label first. Observe all precautions and follow directions carefully.
If dry conditions exist, water at least 8 hours before and 8 hours following the application.
- Do not apply this product immediately before rainfall or irrigation.
- Do not irrigate or water the turfgrass within 3 hours after application.
- If dry conditions exist, irrigate at least 8 hours before and 8 hours after application.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you are not satisfied after using this product, simply send us original proof of purchase,
and we will refund the purchase price.
Aster, white heath & white prairie; Bedstraw; Beggarweed, creeping; Beggarweed, dwarf; Bindweed; Black medic; Broadleaf plantain; Bull thistle; Burclover; Burdock, common; Buttercup, creeping; Carpetweed; Catsear, spotted; Chamberbitter*; Chickweed, common; Chickweed, mouseear; Chicory; Cinquefoil; Clover; Clover, hop; Clover, red; Clover, white (Dutch clover, honeysuckle clover, white trefoil, & purplewort); Cocklebur; Coffeeweed; Compassplant; Curly dock; Dandelion; Dayflower; Deadnettle; Dock; Dogfennel; Dollarweed (pennywort); Doveweed*; English daisy; False dandelion (spotted catsear & common catsear); Field bindweed (morningglory & creeping jenny); Field oxeye-daisy (creeping oxeye); Filaree, whitestem & redstem; Florida betony (rattlesnake weed)*; Florida pusley; Goldenrod; Ground ivy; Groundsel; Hawkweed; Healall; Henbit; Innocence (Blue-eyed Mary); Knotweed; Lambsquarters; Lawn burweed; Lespedeza, common; Mallow, common; Matchweed; Nutsedge (yellow); Old world diamond flower; Oxalis (yellow woodsorrel & creeping woodsorrel); Parsley-piert; Pennsylvania smartweed; Pepperweed; Pigweed; Pineappleweed; Plantain, buckhorn*; Plantain, common*; Poison Ivy; Poison oak; Puncturevine; Purple cudweed; Purslane; Ragweed; Redweed; Red sorrel (sheep sorrel); Roundleaf mallow; Shepherd's purse; Spurge; Smartweed; Spurweed; Thistle; Veronica (corn speedwell)*; Vetch, common; Virginia buttonweed*; Virginia pepperweed; Wild carrot; Wild garlic; Wild geranium; Wild lettuce; Wild mustard; Wild onion; Wild strawberry*; Wild violet*; Yarrow; Yellow rocket
*Hard-to-control: May require two applications and higher use rates within the specified rate range.
Kids & Pets
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet, either directly or through drift.
- Keep people and pets out of the area during application. Do not allow people or pets to enter the treated area until sprays have dried.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 7ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';